If you are planning on using Salesforce for your CRM, the first thing you want to ensure is that all your customer related data is migrated to Salesforce along with its relationships preserved properly.
The next thing you need to ensure is that your sales process is implemented correctly in Salesforce and any changes are positive ones for the end users.
iVision follows a standardized process to ensure the success of your migration to the Salesforce platform.
- Understand current sales process, document it and get validated.
- Go over current existing CRM and its data structure.
- Analyze what parts of the data structure are used by you currently since not all parts might be in use.
- Document the data mapping from legacy system to Salesforce entities and validate with client.
- Design and document a formal migration plan with a clear picture of the end goal. Get client validation.
- Implement the code and scripts as needed to extract data from legacy system, maintain the data entity relationships in the export, import the data in Salesforce in the proper planned sequence maintaining the relationships in the data inside Salesforce also eg accoutns to be imported before contacts so contacts can be associated with accounts when imported.
- Implement the Sales process in Salesforce doing any customizations and code as needed.
- Validate with client the entire implementation.